Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Election Tuesday Post



I'm not going to be posting much. Today is all the election. I hope you voted. Even if you are not in a swing state, casting a vote is sending a message. We are so lucky in America. We do not have to be afraid of getting hit by bombs, or shot or anything else awful that happens to voters in less fortunate countries. We need to vote for all the voices that get silenced.

To quote one of my favorite comedy film characters "Speak up, America, speak up!" Elle Woods had it right. I spoke up, for better or worse.

I voted for my uterus, my health, the civil rights of my fellow citizens, the students of California, the consensual adults of California and the taxpayers of California, burdened by a ridiculous capital punishment system.

I voted because my family motto is "Esperance" which means hope. I voted so I can look my future children in the eyes and feel that I have done my civic duty as an American, voted with the morals I hold, and tried to make a difference.

If you couldn't make time to vote, then don't complain to me. If your life and your country mean less to you than an hour one day, every other year I don't want to know, I don't want to hear.

Thank you

We will be back to regularly scheduled blog posts tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment