Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Meri's Quick Cabbage Side



Welcome to the middle of nanowrimo. Last night I hit 20k words and the closure of act one of my story. I am trying not to panic as I launch into act 2 as I don't exactly know where I am going from here. I am going into the great unknown with my main character! Exciting!

So in the meantime my cooking has been of the quick and dirty variety with a lack of exciting cocktails and events to share.But I can give you this. It's a play on the North Woods Cabbage salad for those in a hurry.

Ingredients
Red Cabbage (about 1 shredded head)
1/4 c red wine vinegar
1/8 c olive oil (ish)
2/3 ish tsp thyme
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder (or just save time and use garlic salt. I am all about combining steps!
about 6-8 squirts Bragg's Amino Acids (Or roughly 1 Tbsp.
Cut up your cabbage
Mix your dressing
Put on cabbage and refrigerate for 1-2 hours, or overnight to let the flavors sink in and give it a really pretty pink hue. Enjoy.
PS: It's addicting. We eat it at least once a week in my house. It's along the lines of cheap, quick kimchi.

No comments:

Post a Comment