Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Meri's Stuffed Portabella Caps


I threw together some stuffed portabella mushroom caps tonight and they turned out better than I could have expected. So I wanted to share before I forget what I put in there!

Ingredients
2 large portabella caps
1 shallot, diced
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 can fire roasted diced tomatoes, drained (trust me on the fire roasted kind)
1 Tablespoon balsamic Vinegar
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper
1/2 c Shredded Parmesan cheese. (The good kind, not the jar)

Set the oven to 350. Clean the gills out of your mushroom caps. Drizzle the olive oil in a small saute pan, and add the shallot and garlic.

Saute till soft, then add your tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Simmer for about 5 minutes until the liquid has evaporated then transfer the mixture to your mushroom caps.

Sprinkle the Parmesan over the caps, until there is a layer over each.

Cook approximately 30-35 minutes, until the cheese is browned and the mushrooms are soft. Serve immediately! (We had pork loin and asparagus on the side.)

No comments:

Post a Comment