Monday, March 4, 2013

Mediterranean Hot Quinoa Salad


Forgive me the lack of posting, was helping friends move last week and the effort and lack of sleep made my vulnerable to my first cold in three years. So I have not been doing much of anything, but I did want to share one of my favorite quinoa recipes. It's quick and easy and fairly healthy (though not low carb!)

Ingredients
1 c dry quinoa
1 1/2 c chicken stock
1/2 c dry white wine.
1/4 c chopped up sun dried tomatoes
4 cloves (or more!) garlic
1-2 tablespoons capers
1 diced shallot
salt and pepper to taste

Rinse the quinoa thoroughly, and put it in a saucepan. Add the white wine and stock. Bring to a boil. Add your other ingredients, then simmer on medium heat for roughly 20-25 minutes, depending on your stove. The quinoa is done when the germ spirals out and the water is absorbed. (Make sure you don't let it continue to cook after, you could burn it!) If it's not done enough add a bit more stock,and simmer an extra few minutes.
Serve hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment